Wednesday 5 May 2021

Something a bit different

 


I stumbled upon a book featuring Tamiya's Pink Panther LWB Land Rover in BAOR colours and I just knew I had to have it. I'd never had the remotest interest in building the Pink Panther, but sometimes you just get that flash of inspiration. And at less than £20 from the excellent Tank Museum online shop, it would be rude not to.

Though mine isn't quite as good as the one featured in the book, it ain't bad at all. I traded the plump desert tyres for some resin European theatre wheels from Accurate Armour and it really does look the business. I added various stowage pieces recovered from the bottom of my bits box, which aren't as good as handmade accessories but I just don't care that much. 

And then on completion I figured one good Land Rover deserves another. I went for the Hobby Boss Defender Wolf WMIK - essentially the same vehicle for the same role in modern times. Also an excellent kit save for the virtually unusable PE parts and inaccurate headlamp cages.

The result is two lovely little trucks. Quite a rewarding little project. I'm glad the range of military Land Rovers is quite limited or I could very easily end up with a collection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment