Friday 21 May 2021

Heller 1:72 E3 AWACS

 

You would think a kit like this would be easy, and with only about thirty or so major components, and a reasonably good tooling, it would be a quick job. But what it lack in complexity is makes up for in scale which makes it something of a painting and masking challenge. I used almost two rolls of masking tape.

Build wise it's a bit of a rotter as it's quite clunky and the wings didn't align very well. With an aircraft of this scale, age and brand I wasn't expecting much, particularly since it costs very little for such a big bird. I don't mind though. It's nothing a halfway competent builder can't overcome. In its favour the decals are superb and caused me no problems whatsoever. Beyond that there isn't much to say about this one. It does all the talking for me. It's glorious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment